Keeper! Instapot Eggplant/Tomato Pasta
April 18, 2021
Just wanted to share a surprise dinner win last night. This has so easy, it’s definitely going to be on the rotation for now on. Lots of veggies! I looked at www.twosleevers.com which was the first site that comes up if you Ecosia search instapot eggplant and pasta. https://twosleevers.com/instant-pot-eggplant-pasta/ Click here for the original recipe that was modified for what we usually eat.
- 4 cups Eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatos, 14 ounces
- 3 tablespoons of pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 cup onion diced (we opted out of this tonight)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1/2 package of spaghetti or 8 ounces uncooked Penne Pasta
- handful of whatever cheese you desire (or omit if you are going vegan)
- Place eggplant, tomatoes, pasta sauce, dried Italian seasoning, salt, oil, onions, garlic, and water into the Instapot and stir.
- 2. Add pasta, and stir. Original author said “I know it doesn’t look like there will be enough water to cook the pasta. Just #trustUrvashi, because the vegetables will release a lot of water.” This was true. There was enough water. Press PRESSURE COOK on HIGH pressure for 7 minutes. Allow the pot to rest undisturbed for 10 minutes and then release all remaining pressure.
- Mix in whatever desired cheese you have.
- The eggplant doesn’t get slimy when pressure cooked, which is another perk of making it this way.
- In addition, the bitterness of the eggplant doesn’t come through because the acidity of the tomatoes counteracts that and breaks it down while cooking.
- No, you can’t tell there’s eggplant in this dish.
Please click on the original link for the original author, where I modified this recipe. I simplified it since I’m a simple cook. https://twosleevers.com/instant-pot-eggplant-pasta/
It was really good. I’m putting in more on the blog so I can refer back to it. So much eggplant and tomatoes and they kids loved it!